Sorry I’ve been quiet. My family was in the process of moving. And we moved into a lovely 3 bedroom, 2 full bath house in Olde Town East. Everything was going great until I pulled a big muscle in my back that has me on bed rest for the next few days. Now I know what you must be thinking…”why would you move those heavy boxes pregnant?” well, my theory is that If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. For obvious reasons, I was wrong.
I think that this is the one time in a women’s life that it is o.k. to be lazy. We are growing a living human child in our womb and we are their sanctuary. We need to do whats best for our child during the next 40 weeks. If that means putting our feet up from time to time then do it. No one is going to call you lazy, and if they do then who the hell cares. You are doing whats good for you, and you’re child.
This is the time you lean on your friends, family and significant others for help. That’s what they are there for. Believe it or not. If you are moving like I was, hire movers. Trust me, next time we definitely will. It may cost you money but its better to spend a bit then get hurt in the attempt. In the meantime, relax and put your feet up and enjoy the process (after you are done puking your guts out and finally get your energy back).
Some things you can/should do while pregnant to make sure you are happy and relaxed are as follows:
- Go get a prenatal massage. I went to Massage Envy in Grandview, OH and it was the best hour of my life. Definitely recommend getting at least one massage per pregnancy. (It only cost $55 if its your first time!)
- Treat yo feet. You better get some pedicures while your pregnant. Especially if you are like me and are pregnant during the summer. Don’t matter how swollen your feet are, they still deserve to look pretty.
- Get your hair did!!! You have lovely, thick hair growing right now thanks to all those extra hormones and prenatal vitamins. You better get a trim here and there and look FABULOUS!!! I see my girl miss Hair Davinci every chance I get. Sometimes a fresh hair cut can make you fee amazing.
- GO SHOPPING. I’m the type of person who will think twice about buying myself a new outfit but will drop some major dollars on my child. So go shop for your child. If you want it, buy it. And buy all of it. Even if your spouse says no, buy it anyways. Then cry, so he doesn’t get mad. I do it all the time, sorry Matt.
- If you want to eat it, then eat it. You know the saying “happy life, happy wife” well “a happy preggo is a well fed preggo.” So if I want to eat that slice of cake well shit pass me that extra slice. If I wanna go pick up an ice cream cake from the grocery store well then get a fork and eat with me. Don’t tell me no “You know you don’t HAVE to eat for two literally” and you don’t HAVE TO be up in my food. I have an excuse to eat a little extra at the dinner table, whats your excuse? (Insert judgmental head tilt…currently eating Papa Johns pizza for breakfast. No fucks given.)
- Binge watch Netflix…all the shows…in one sitting. While you are sitting on your “lazy ass” on the couch, watch you a good show and laugh, cry, scream and shout. And don’t feel guilty. (I literally watched ’13 reasons why’ in 2 days…thanks bed rest)
Okay, that is all I have for this post. I promise to keep up to date more often. What are some things you like to do to be relaxed while pregnant???